2017 HSI Stallion Selections
Stallion Selections for the Irish Sport Horse Studbook and the Irish Draught Horse Studbook will be held by Horse Sport Ireland at Cavan Equestrian Centre commencing on 7th & 8th March 2017.
2016 HSI Stallion Inspections
The 2016 HSI Stallion Inspections took place on the 19th and 20th April with 34 stallions being put through their paces at Cavan Equestrian Centre.
In total 19 Irish Draught stallions were inspected with 8 meeting the inspection requirements. 8 sport horse stallions went through their Stage 1 inspection with 5 meeting the Stage 1 inspection requirements. 3 sport horse stallions were assessed jumping under saddle for their Stage 2 inspection where they were ridden by their own rider and the HSI test rider, Capt. Geoff Curran. One of these stallions, FTS Elliot (KWPN), was awarded Preliminary Approved status.
There were 4 stallions that were awarded Approved status today based on their own performance or their progeny performance or their Timeform rating and 2 pony stallions were also inspected with 1 meeting the requirements (see list of stallions below).
Irish Draught stallions that meet inspection requirements:
• Carrigfada Troy (ID) 2013 stallion by Grosvenor Lad (ID C1) out of Culleens Glidawn Lady (RID) by Glidawn Diamond (ID C1). Owner: James Murphy.
• Cloncastle Silver Squire (ID) 2012 stallion by Fast Silver (ID C1) out of Derradda Mist (ID C1) by Gurraun Zidane (ID C1). Owner: David Doyle.
• Cloneyhea Spellbound (ID) 2012 stallion by Arthurs Gold (ID C2) out of Leitra Lady (RID) by Glenlara (GB) (ID C1). Owner: Russell & Judith Cowley.
• Killountain Cross (ID) 2013 stallion by Crosstown Dancer (ID C1) out of Killountain Heather (RID) by Crannagh Hero (ID C1). Owner: Charles Dullea.
• Kilmovee White Hero (ID) 2011 stallion by Crannagh Hero (ID C1) out of Kilmovee White Carnation (RID) by Carrabawn View (ID C1). Owner: Seamus Duffy.
• Knockaleery Dancer (ID) 2013 stallion by Crosstown Dancer (ID C1) out of Loguestown Blue Belle (RID) by Blue Rajah (ID C1). Owner: Liam Lynskey.
• Moylough Legacy (ID) 2013 stallion by Carrabawn Cross (ID C1) out of Ardcarne Vilamear (RID) Castana by (ID C1). Owner: Pat Hoare.
• Zeus of the Blues (ID) 2013 stallion by Touch of the Blues (ID C1) out of Cloughill Diamond (AID) by All the Diamonds (ID C1). Owner: PJ Furey.
Sport horse stallions that meet Stage 1 inspection requirements:
• Billy Stirling (AES) 2011 stallion by Billy Congo (AES) out of Dollar Day (AES) by Cavalier Royale (HOLST). Owner: Nicola Fitzgibbon.
• DS Are You With Me (HOLST) 2013 stallion by Corrado I (HOLST) out of M-Cyra (HOLST) by Contender (HOLST). Owner: Liam Lynskey.
• Rising Sun (ISH) (TIH) 2013 stallion by Loughehoe Guy (ISH) out of Dromkeen Wood (GB) (TB) by Primitive Rising (USA) (TB). Owner: Eugene McKenna.
• Z Seven Cayani (ISH) 2012 stallion by Can Ya Maken (HOLST) out of Tee (KWPN) by Voltaire (HANN). Owner: Team Z7.
Sport horse stallions that met Stage 2 inspection requirements:
• FTS Elliot (KWPN) 2009 stallion by Cicero Z Van Paemal (BWP) out of Ply Mouth (KWPN) by Lancelot (KWPN). Owner: Nicola Fitzgibbon
Pony stallion that meet inspection requirements:
• Machnus D’Hyrencourt (ZANG) 2013 pony stallion by Machno Carwyn (WPC) out of Venus d’ Hyrencourt (SBS) by Udancer (KWPN). Owner: Leo Monaghan.
Stallions that met the Approved status on their performance/Timeform rating:
• Avalon 224 (HOLST) 2002 stallion by Aloube Z (HOLST) out of Fayence (HOLST) by Cor De La Bryere (SF)
• Udancer Hero (KWPN) 2001 stallion by Dancer Prince (TB) out of Femke P (KWPN) by Voltaire (HANN). Owner: Luc Henry & David Molloy
• Let the Lion Roar (TB) 2001 stallion by Sadler’s Wells (TB) out of Ballerina (TB) by Dancing Brave (TB). Owner: Trevor Badger
• Hallowberry Cruz (ISH) (TB) 20016 stallion by Cruising (ISH) out of Calcutta Clover (ISH) by Clover Hill (ID C1). Owner: Caroline Byrne
HSI Stallion Selection 2015
STALLIONS THAT MET THE STAGE 1 CRITERIA IN THE IRISH SPORT HORSE STUDBOOK STALLION SELECTIONS 2015
|PASSED STAGE 1|
|Stallion Name||YOB||Sire||Dam Sire||Owner||Classification|
|ADIEU Z (ZANG)||2011||ANDIAMO Z (NRPS)||QUIDAM DE REVEL (SF)||ERIKA LEONARD & ELEANOR O’DEA||NA1|
|CARISMA (SF)||2012||NABAB DE REVE (BWP)||FOR PLEASURE (HANN)||TEAM Z7 c/o MARION HUGHES||NA1|
|CELTIC HERO BZ (ZANG)||2012||CALIKOT HERO (SBS)||CARETANO Z (HOLST)||ANDREA ETTER||NA1|
|KILTEALY GHAREEB (ISH)||2011||GHAREEB (GB) (TB)||KILDALTON KING (ID C1)||JJ BOWE||NA1|
|KINGSHIP COURCEL (ISH)||2011||DOW JONES COURCEL (SF)||PORSCH (BWP)||FRANCES HORGAN||NA1|
|MR NELSON B (ISH)||2012||RADOLIN (KWPN)||LOMBARD (HOLST)||ANDREA ETTER||NA1|
|Z7 ASCOT (ISH)||2011||NONSTOP (BWP)||VOLTAIRE (HANN)||TEAM Z7 c/o MARION HUGHES||NA1|
Stallion Inspection Results
The Stallion Inspection results for the Irish Draught Horse Studbook and the Irish Sport Horse Studbook are now available. A full list of stallions, their stallion pages and videos of the inspections are available
ISH Stallion Ardcolum Duke upgraded to Approved in the Irish Sport Horse Studbook
The 2004 Irish Sport Horse Stallion “Ardcolum Duke” has met the performance requirements to be upgraded to ‘Approved’ in the Irish Sport Horse Studbook through this own show-jumping performance.
Under the current Irish Horse register rules ISH stallions may be upgraded to “Approved” in the Irish Sport Horse Studbook, if they meet the performance criteria outlined below:
Show jumping: A stallion that has jumped four double clear rounds at National Grand Prix or International level (minimum height 1.40m) or above or the equivalent in eventing or dressage.
Ardcolum Duke is by the sire Gypsy Duke (ISH) and out of the dam Dangerous Lady (ISH) who is by Clover Hill (ID) and was bred and owned by Joe Flynn from Co. Roscommon.
Currently the stallion is jumping with Billy Twomey (IRL).
Voluntary Code of Practice for Stallion and Mare Owners
HSI has published a Voluntary Code of Practice for Stallion and Mare Owners which was produced by the Irish Equine Centre. This publication outlines voluntary recommendations to help breeders, in conjunction with their veterinary surgeons, to prevent and control specific equine diseases. Download the Code of Practice
Video guide for owners presenting stallions for inspection
VIDEO WILL BE ONLINE SHORTLY
Note that the heights and spreads of fences shown in this video are those defined for sport horse stallions. The equivalent measurements for Irish Draught stallions are as follows;
|Height of 1st fence||Height of 2nd fence||Height of 3rd fence|
|Jumping effort 1||0.75m||0.75m||0.95m|
|Jumping effort 2||0.75m||0.75m||1.0m|
|Jumping effort 3||0.75m||0.75m||0.95m
|Jumping effort 4||0.75m||0.75m|| 0.9m front pole
1.0m back pole