Basic Awareness Courses
Safeguarding 1 – Basic Awareness Workshop in Child Welfare & Protection – a must for anyone working with children!
All Coaches, Club Children’s Officers and Designated Liaison Persons must first complete the 3 hour Child Welfare & Protection Basic Awareness Course. This course educates participants on the implementation of best practice in protecting the welfare of children involved in sport.
All participants must be over 18.
The Code of Ethics/Safeguarding Children training must be renewed every three years. Horse Sport Ireland as the NGB for Equestrian Sport advise all our staff/volunteers to follow this through our governance procedures.
Aims of the course:
- Understanding the rational behind the “Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport”
- Identify good practices when working with young people
- Creat a better atmosphere that promotes positive adult-child relationships
- Identify the role of the Athlete, Coach, Parents/Guardians and Club
ALL courses run from 6.30pm to 9.30pm at the Horse Sport Ireland Offices in Naas at the dates listed below. The cost of the course is €20 per person.
- Thursday February 1st 2018
- Monday March 5th 2018
- Thursday April 19th 2018
2018 bookings will not be open until Monday January 8th 2018. To book a a place please contact Ciara Gorman:
Tel: 045 854 524