Request duplicate passport
If your passport has been lost, stolen or destroyed you may apply to Horse Sport Ireland for a duplicate passport. Where an animal is issued a duplicate passport they will be permanently excluded from the food chain and the duplicate passport stamped to reflect this.
- Complete the ‘Duplicate Passport form
- Call your vet. The vet must scan your horse to verify the microchip number of your horse and take a new set of markings.
- If your animal was registered prior to the requirement of compulsory microchipping in 2009, a microchip issued by a PIO must be inserted.
- Return the form to HSI with the appropriate fee (shown on the form)
- It is compulsary that all duplicate applications are accompanied by a current set of markings on a IHR marking sheet
If you have any questions about the registration process please contact the HSI Registration Unit
HSI Registrations Unit office hours:
- Open to the public from 9am to 1pm and from 1.30pm to 5pm (Monday to Friday)
- Telephone calls from 9am to 5pm (Monday to Friday) – 045 850800
- For urgent registrations applications must be lodged by 11am with the HSI Registration Unit.