U25 High Performance Eventing Squad Applications 2017
- 1 February 2017, 16:47
Horse Sport Ireland is inviting expressions of interest for The Under 25 Eventing (Development) High Performance Squad for 2017.
High Performance Manager: Sally Corscadden
- Riders must be between 21 and 25 years old on 1stJanuary 2017
- Riders must be eligible to compete for Ireland
- Riders will be required to have a horse with International potential
- Riders must have ambitions to ride at 3* and 4* level with a view to representing Ireland at Senior Team Level.
Riders should have attained one of the following;
- Short listed for Young Rider European Squad
- Top 20% placing in a Senior or Under 25 CCI2*
- Clear round XC at a CIC3* or CCI3* with 63% or above in dressage and no more than 8 pens SJ and 36 time pens XC.
- Show Jumped successfully at National 1.30m or above SJI Classes.
Selection for the U25 Squad will be made by the High Performance Manager in consultation with the Coaches and Vet.
The Selection process will consist of an Interview, a Fitness Test and ridden assessment.
Initial Athlete Fitness Tests will be held on February 21st 2017, venue TBC
Expression of Interest Applications:
To apply for the U25 Squad Assessment/Training Days please send an Expression of Interest with the following details to Aileen Cartwright at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business February 10th 2017. Please note the squad is limited to 10 applicants.
- Rider Information: Name, Age, Competition Level, Experience
- Plans re. college exams, work commitment etc
- Horse Information: Name, Age, Competition Level, Experience
- Current Coaches/Trainers/Vet
- Competition Plans & Aims for 2017