Ask the Experts with GAIN Equine Nutrition
Horse Sport Ireland have teamed up with GAIN Equine Nutrition to bring you this excitement segment which gave you the opportunity to ‘Ask the experts.’ At the start of April 2020, participants put forward their equine nutritional questions through our Instagram story to ask GAIN Equine Nutrition for their advise. The results can be found through this series of videos. Check them out below!
If you haven’t done so already, check out our blog with GAIN Equine Nutrition – Changes to your feeding management
- Question: Is it necessary to change the diet of a mare who is in foal?
- Question: Is there anything extra I should be feeding a mare in the late stages of pregnancy or after foaling to help aid milk production?
- Question: What is the best feed to give a yearling?
- Question: Do young horses need to be fed a different diet to an older horse such as a 6-year-old?
- Question: Are GAIN Equine Nutrition still delivering during COVID19 and how are they doing so?
- Question: What tips do you have for a fussy eater, that is hard to keep in decent condition during the competition season?
- Question: Do you have advice for horses that go off their feed after a long period of travel to a competition?
- Question: Do you have a recommendation for the best feed for a 20-year-old Irish Draught that needs energy but does not need to be fattened?
- Are there any supplements you would advise to give to aging horses or does it depend on each one individually?
- What makes the freedom range different from your other feed ranges?
- What is the best way to feed a horse for condition when the horse is not in work?
- I am using a mash to bulk up a thoroughbred but I was recently told mash can cause colic, is this true?
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the technical team at GAIN Equine Nutrition who will be very happy to help. You can reach them on firstname.lastname@example.org or through their social media channels below.
Facebook – @GAINEquineNutrition
GAIN Equine Nutrition sponsors the Team Ireland Underage Showjumping, Eventing and Dressage Teams and are Official Feed Consultants to Horse Sport Ireland.