Fantastic support for Ireland’s ‘Take On Tokyo’ Eventing Tour
- 10 February 2020, 15:36
A hugely successful ‘Take On Tokyo’ Eventing Tour, supported by Horse Sport Ireland and Eventing Ireland, took place at three venues across Ireland at the weekend, raising funds to support the Irish Eventing team’s preparation and participation at this summer’s Olympic Games in Tokyo.
The Tokyo 2020 Eventing Tour, which was also supported by Irish Eventing Times and Bit Media/Tadgh Ryan, began at Maryville in Co Cork on Friday, followed by Ravensdale in Co Louth on Saturday and Spruce Lodge in Co Wicklow on Sunday.
The Tour included a detailed demonstration on the new Olympic Dressage test by Sam Watson, Brian Morrison, Cathal Daniels, Aidan Keogh and Sarah Ennis, with commentary and tips from Irish Eventing team manager Sally Corscadden and Mark Ruddock. Sam Watson also gave an informative talk on career stats with Elizabeth Power and Camilla Speirs.
Grant Wilson, Show Jumping coach to the Irish Eventing team, gave insightful demonstrations at all three venues, on training for rideability with young horses with Camilla Speirs, Sian Coleman, Susie Berry and Clare Abbott. Grant Wilson was joined by Mike Ryan, Sarah Ennis, Cathal Daniels, Elizabeth Power and Joseph Murphy for advanced jumping training.
A question and answer session was followed by a meet & greet, along with photo opportunities with Ireland’s top stars.
Irish Eventing team manager Sally Corscadden (pictured) said:
“On behalf of all the athletes, owners, support staff and Horse Sport Ireland, I want to thank everyone who bought tickets and supported our Take On Tokyo Eventing Tour. We have a very exciting year ahead and the funds raised from this tour, along with the fantastic support we have received from Sport Ireland, Horse Sport Ireland and our sponsors, will greatly help us in our preparation for the Games in Tokyo.”
At the Spruce Lodge leg of the tour, there was a special presentation by Eventing Ireland to Margaret Kinsella, owner and breeder of the Irish Sport Horse mare Rioghan Rua, in recognition of their contribution to the sport of Eventing in Ireland.
Six-time Championship Medal winner, Rioghan Rua was awarded a Lifetime Registration of Eventing Ireland.
Rioghan Rua (ISH) – 2007 chestnut mare by Jack Of Diamonds (SWB) out of Highland Destiny (ISH)(TIH), by Flagmount King (ID). Bred by Margaret Kinsella, Co. Galway. Owner: Frank & Margaret Kinsella;
A huge thank you to all who took part in the ‘Take On Tokyo’ Eventing Tour Auction and those who provided the auction items as below:
- 3 x Squad Training Days with the Senior High Performance Coaches
- 3 x Badminton Horse Trials Experience Packages
- 3 x Sam Watson Private or Group International Cross Country Course Walk
- 2 x Two Night Stay and Lessons with Joseph Murphy Eventing
- 2 x Members Tickets to Tattersalls International Horse Trials & Cross Country Course Walk with Cathal Daniels
- 1 x 60minute Helicopter Ride for Two People, sponsored by Yvonne Gavin
- 1 x Shadow Padraig McCarthy at an International Event
- 1 x Mentor at an International Event with Aoife Clark
- 1 x Day with Global Event Horses
- 1 x Training Session with Elizabeth Power
Congratulations to all the winners of the Take On Tokyo raffle prizes and thank you to all who provided the prizes as follows:
- 3 x Irish Field Online Annual Subscriptions
- 3 x TRM Nutrition Packs
- 3 x Team Ireland Athlete Gear Packs
- 3 x Team Ireland Equine Gear Packs
- 3 x GAIN Equine Nutrition Vouchers (15 bags per venue)
- 3 x TRI Equestrian Vouchers
- 3 x Horseware Travel Set
- 3 x Two Tickets to the Dublin Horse Show (Please note: 2020 Dublin Horse Show Dates are 15th to 19th July)
- 3 x Eventing Ireland 2020 Membership
- 3 x Voucher for 1 free equine spa session at the Curragh Equine Rehabilitation Centre
- 3 x Dubarry Admirals
- 1 x World Equestrian Games picture signed by the Silver Medal Winning Team