Basic Awareness Courses
Safeguarding 1 – Basic Awareness Workshop in Child Welfare & Protection – a must for anyone working with children!
All Coaches, Club Children’s Officers and Designated Liaison Persons must first complete the 3 hour Child Welfare & Protection Basic Awareness Course. This course educates participants on the implementation of best practice in protecting the welfare of children involved in sport.
All participants must be over 18.
The Code of Ethics/Safeguarding Children training must be renewed every three years. Horse Sport Ireland as the NGB for Equestrian Sport advise all our staff/volunteers to follow this through our governance procedures.
Aims of the course:
- Understanding the rational behind the “Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport”
- Identify good practices when working with young people
- Create a better atmosphere that promotes positive adult-child relationships
- Identify the role of the Athlete, Coach, Parents/Guardians and Club
Please be advised that workshops are subject to cancellation/postponement if sufficient numbers of attendees are not reached.
- No upcoming courses, keep an eye on this page for details of upcoming courses
If one of the HSI Affiliates wish to host a workshop (a minimum of 12 people required) please contact HSI Sport Governance Executive, Paul Hayes for details.
Please contact the office to request an application form for the course(s) above or to express an interest in Safeguarding 1 Training.
Paul Hayes, HSI Sport Governance Executive
T: 045 854 524