Children’s Officer Training
Safeguarding 2 – Club Children’s Officer (CCO) Workshop – a must for all Club Children’s Officers
A Club Children’s Officer should be child centered in focus and have as the primary aim the establishment of a child centered ethos within the club. S/he is the link between the children and the adults in the club. S/he also takes responsibility for monitoring and reporting to the Club Management Committee on how club policy impacts on young people and Sports Leaders
A person appointed to the Club Children’s Officer position in a club must have completed the Safeguarding 1 Course prior to attending Safeguarding 2. This Safeguarding 2 Children’s Officer Training course will help the Club Children’s Officer to carry out the function of their role in the club and support the implementation of best practice in the club. Participants will also receive a Club Children’s Officer Action Planning document as part of the training.
A few points about the course
- The course lasts 3 hours.
- It is essential that those who wish to attend the training have attended the Safeguarding 1 Course
- There are limited places available for the workshops and pre booking is essential
- All participants must be over 18 years of ages
- Certificates of attendance are issued on completion of the course
Please be advised that workshops are subject to cancellation/postpone if sufficient numbers of attendees are not reached.
ALL courses run from 6.30pm to 9.30pm at the dates/venues listed below. The cost of the course is €20 per person. Course booking form and fee msut be paid in advance to secure your place.
- Friday 23rd November 2018 – Venue: Castle Leslie Equestrian Centre, Glaslough, County Monaghan
Please contact Ciara Gorman in the HSI Offices at the details below to request a course booking form:
Tel: 045 854 524