In this section there is a variety of information into the protection and safeguarding of youths in our sports. If the information you require is not here, or if you have any queries in relation to Safeguarding, do not hesitate to contact our National Children’s Officer/Designated Safeguarding Children’s Officer Ciara Gorman on:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (045) 854 524
Or your Affiliate National Children’s Officer
2017 list coming soon!
Horse Sport Ireland (HSI) is committed to creating and maintaining the safest environment possible for all young people and vulnerable adults who wish to participate in HSI activities.
We are fully committed to safeguarding the well being of all athletes. Every person should at all times, show respect and understanding for participants’ rights, safety, welfare and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the organisation and the guidelines contained in our Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Youths and Vulnerable Persons in Our Sport.
On March 3rd 2015, Horse Sport Ireland officially adopted its own Code, Horse Sport Ireland Code of Ethics & Good Practice for Youths & Vulnerable Adults In Our Sport. Our Code is written in accordance with guidelines outlined in the ISC and SNI joint Code of Ethics manual.
Code of Ethics Documentation
Useful forms for Equestrian Sports Clubs (These can be adopted by all affiliates of Horse Sport Ireland)
- HSI Accident Report Form
- HSI Complaints Form
- HSI Incident Report Form
- HSI Travel Permission Form
- HSI Photographic Consent Form
HSI Safeguarding Links
Additional Information and Documentation
- Child Protection and Welfare Practice Handbook – Reference document for Child Protection
- Briefing on Self Harm In Sport – Facts, Myths and dealing with self harm
- Tusla – Child and Family Agency website (ROI)
- Tusla SRF– Standard Reporting Form (PDF)
- NSPCC – National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children website (NI)
- NI Health & Social Care Trust – Contact for NI Gateway teams for reporting suspected abuse
- Children’s First – National guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children (ROI)
- Our Duty To Care – National guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children (NI)