Horse Sport Ireland – Coronavirus Update – Cancellations and Postponements
- 13 March 2020, 11:33
The FEI issued a message to the equestrian community on Friday March 12th recommending the cancellation of FEI Events for the next four weeks due to Coronavirus, stating:
“The spread of the Coronavirus Covid-19 has taken a rapid turn for the worse and sport worldwide is affected. We as a community have to make our contribution to limit the spread of this virus, as the sooner it can be contained the sooner we will be able to get back to normal life and normal sport. And this is something that every other sport is doing.”
- The Association of Irish Riding Clubs has taken the decision to suspend all national and regional activities up to and including Sunday, 29 March. Clubs, at their own discretion, may continue with their regular training activities for their members on a local level for the time being but this may change as the situation develops. Clubs must follow any HSE and government guidelines and ensure that there is adequate hand washing facilities or hand sanitiser available, social distance from others and exercise proper cough and sneeze etiquette at their club activities.
- The Event Riders Challenge Race at Dundalk Stadium scheduled for Wednesday April 15th has been canceled. Anyone who has purchased tickets will receive a refund directly through the credit card used at the time of booking.
- Irish Sport Horse, Irish Sport Pony and Irish Draught Horse mare inspections. In line with our duty of care to all, the Irish Sport Horse and Irish Draught Horse mare inspections are being postponed to a later date due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
We will continue to monitor the situation and government recommendations and will act accordingly. We will advertise new dates as soon as it is appropriate.”
- Showjumping Ireland – All Stand Alone and League Shows are now to be postponed until after 29th March (to include Pony & Horse Spring Tours). Pony Measuring due to be held in Coilog on Sunday 15th March has been cancelled.
- Dressage Ireland – The 2020 Winter Dressage Finals due to be held at Cavan Equestrian Centre on the 4th & 5th of April have been canceled. Refunds will be issued in due course. All North Munster regional shows and winter championships are cancelled.Further updates on Dressage cancellations and postponements will be provided on the Dressage Ireland Facebook page.
- Eventing Ireland – All national events due to run in March have been postponed. Eventing Ireland will endeavour to find alternative dates for these events on the calendar. All entry fees, less card charges, will be refunded to the credit cards to which the entries were made.
- Endurance Ireland – All events cancelled to March 30th
- RDAI – All Riding and Carriage Driving suspended until further notice
Any further updates on cancellations or postponements will appear on the HSI website and social media. HSI Affiliates will also issue updates through their own channels.
Please be aware that while Horse Sport Ireland remains fully operational, our staff will be working remotely where possible during this period and we are requesting that visits by the public to the Horse Sport Ireland offices should be avoided. For all Passport and Registration enquires visit the HSI website HERE
All other enquiries to Horse Sport Ireland should be directed preferably through email to email@example.com or by phone to (+353 (0)45 850800) or by post.
Horse Sport Ireland
1st Floor, Beech House
Millennium Park, Osberstown
Naas, Co. Kildare
Eircode: W91 TK7N