Horse Sport Ireland Premier Series – Ireland’s leading Show Jumping Grand Prix league to begin next weekend
- 1 May 2021, 10:54
The 2021 Horse Sport Ireland Premier Series kicks off next Sunday May 9th at Barnadown in Co Wexford and will this year feature an increased prize fund of over €75,000.
The HSI Premier Series is the leading Show Jumping series at national level in Ireland and this year each leg will have a minimum prize fund of €15,000 including young rider prizes, grooms prizes and breeders prizes. Along with the lucrative prize fund, the HSI Premier Series overall leading horse and rider combination will be crowned ‘Irish National Show Jumping Champions’ for 2021.
Speaking after the announcement of the series, Horse Sport Ireland CEO Joe Reynolds said:
“Horse Sport Ireland are delighted to support such an important initiative in the Show Jumping calendar. The equestrian industry like so many industries has suffered because of the ongoing global pandemic, however we are delighted to support this year’s HSI Premier Series with a prize fund of €75,000 which is an increase of €20,000 compared to 2020. The HSI Premier Series will see Ireland’s best horse and rider combinations showcase Show Jumping throughout the country. Although the early legs of the series will take place behind closed doors, the live streaming of all legs will allow these horse and rider combinations access to a global audience and with the support and help of the venues, I am confident that we can promote Ireland as the ‘Land of the Horse’.
Showjumping Ireland Chairman Eamon Rice added:
“For 2021 the HSI Premier Series which is sponsored by Horse Sport Ireland in conjunction with SJI, has taken an even more significant role in providing competition for our home-based riders, who are experiencing difficulty with international travel, due to the reduction of international shows and Covid restrictions. The Horse Sport Ireland Premier Series now offers top level competition and prize money for our national and international riders. We wish all competitors a successful campaign.”
The HSI Premier series was won in 2020 by Army rider Capt Geoff Curran and the Co Waterford native will be hoping to retain his title:
“I am looking forward to the 2021 Premier Series and once again this year the series is being run at fantastic venues. I am sure there will be great competition as many of our best horses will be staying in Ireland this year to compete.”
Horse Sport Ireland Premier Series 2021
– The top horse & rider combination based on points gained across the series will be named Irish National Show Jumping Champion for 2021 (equal points are awarded for all legs).
– Prize Fund minimum €15,000 per leg.
– Overall Prize Fund for Winning athlete combination: 1st Place: €2,000, Runner Up €1,000.
– Overall Breeders Prize Fund for top Irish Bred DAFM registered Horses of the series sponsored by Horse Sport Ireland: 1st €1,500, Runner-Up €1,000 & Third Place €500
– Grooms Prize: €100 for the winning groom at each leg.
– Owners Prize: A prize will be presented to the winning owner of each leg
– Young Rider: €100 Voucher for the top placed Young Rider at each leg
– All legs of the 2021 Horse Sport Ireland Premier Series will be streamed live on the Horse Sport Ireland website.
Related news stories