HSI Coaching Programme 2016 – New Dates Announced
- 19 January 2016, 15:59
The Horse Sport Ireland Coaching Programme is designed to provide candidates with a pathway to a career as a successful competition coach. HSI Coaching courses are delivered by professional equestrian tutors and use modern techniques to improve both horses’ and riders’ performance. Coaching courses are currently delivered across four levels and are accredited by Coaching Ireland;
the Irish governing body for coaching in all sports.
The HSI Coaching System is a competition based coaching system and focuses solely on coaching. The courses offer a better understanding of modern competition requirements, coaching skills, technical knowledge and principles of good communication so they are also suitable for parents, breeders, young horse producers, competitors, riding school instructors and anyone involved or with an interest in horses and the industry.
HSI Introduction to Coaching Course
The HSI Introduction to Coaching course is the initial step on the coaching ladder. It provides parents, coaches and young horse producers with the basic skills and techniques to coach at training level. The course provides you with the basic principles of coaching, better understanding of modern competition requirements, and a detailed understanding of the HSI Coaching Programme and of the work involved to become a qualified equestrian coach.
- 2nd February 2016 – Kildalton College, Piltown, Co. Kilkenny
- 16th February 2016 – Tipperary Equestrian Centre, Thurles, Co. Tipperary
- 25th April 2016 – Rafeehan Stud, Kells, Co. Meath
- 7th June 2015 – Ard Chuain, Knockbrack, Corbally, Co. Sligo
Book your place on an Introduction to Coaching course here
HSI Level 1 Apprentice Coach Course
The aim of the HSI Apprentice Coach qualification is to provide participants with the skills and techniques to work competently as an apprentice coach at novice level. Whether you have been coaching for years or are a novice, this course will provide new approaches and fresh ideas for you to bring to your coaching. Your clients will benefit enormously. The HSI Level 1 Apprentice Coach course is the foundation for further coaching qualifications it is a requirement to progress further up the HSI Coaching ladder.
The course also provides coaches with a framework of progressive exercises to develop horses to compete at novice dressage, 1.10m show jumping and novice eventing. The HSI Programme uses modern systematic training methods which allow horses to be produced in the classically correct manner, therefore maximising their re sale value.
- Days 1 & 2 – 29th & 30th March 2016 – Tipperary Equestrian Centre, Thurles, Co. Tipperary – course full
- Days 3 & 4 – 28th & 29th June 2016 – Tipperary Equestrian Centre, Thurles, Co. Tipperary
- Days 1 & 2 – 5th & 6th April 2016 – The Paddocks EC, Midleton, Co. Cork
- Days 3 & 4 – 5th & 6th July 2016 – The Paddocks EC, Midleton, Co. Cork
- Days 1 & 2 – 19th & 20th April 2016 – Mullingar Equestrian Centre, Co. Westmeath
- Days 3 & 4 – 16th & 17th August – Mullingar Equestrian Centre, Co. Westmeath
- Days 1 & 2 – 10th & 11th May 2016 – Danescroft Equestrian Centre, Lisburn, Co. Antrim
- Days 3 & 4 – 9th & 10th August 2016 – Danescroft Equestrian Centre, Lisburn, Co. Antrim
Book your place on a Level 1 Apprentice Coach course here
The HSI Level 2 Coach course provides coaches with the necessary skills and technical knowledge to work as an independent equestrian coach up to elementary level dressage, 1.20m show jumping and CCI1* – 2* Eventing. This course is a progression from the HSI Level 1 Apprentice Coach course and is the first level at which a coach will be qualified as an independent equestrian coach. Candidates must bring their own horse(s) and rider(s), capable of working at the required standard to coach one session in each of the three disciplines for both the pre assessments and the final assessments. Candidates are given feedback on their coaching skills and clear advice and guidance on improving their skills. . The final assessments are carried out by independent outside assessors. Coaches must meet the required level of competency in all three disciplines in the final assessments. Coaches will then be awarded the HSI Level 2 Coach certificate, issued jointly by HSI and Coaching Ireland.
- Days 1, 2 & 3 – 7th, 8th & 9th March 2016 – Spruce Lodge Training Facility, Redcross, Co. Wicklow
Further dates to be announced.
Book your place on the next Level 2 Coach course here
Cross Country / Eventing (Continuous Professional Development)
This course is aimed to provide coaches with all of the basic skills and techniques to coach cross country at novice level.
This course is:
- A requirement for all Level 1 Apprentice coaches who wish to avail of the HSI Coach Insurance policy
- A requirement for all coaches who wish to commence the HSI Level 2 Coach course
- Available to all those who wish to acquire CPD credits and / or refresh their coaching skills
23rd February 2016 – Spruce Lodge Training Facility, Redcross, Co. Wicklow
3rd May 2016 – Dukes Stables, 48 Manse Road, Portadown Co. Armagh
Book your place on the HSI Cross Country / Eventing Coach course here
If you need any further information please contact Catherine Farrell or Deimante Dunne on +353 45 854533
Further dates and venues will be announced throughout the year.
Athlete Selection Policy for the FEI Para Dressage European Championships 2023
Podium Finish for Irish Sport Horse Pfun in CCI4*-S at Carolina International
Top Ten Placing for Irish Sport Horse GRS Lady Amaro in Paris CSI5*
Horse Sport Ireland launches environmental sustainability survey