Jonathan Gordon wins place at Young Riders’ Academy
- 15 May 2015, 11:11
IRELAND’S Jonathan Gordon has been selected for the prestigious Young Riders Academy in 2015, following Bertram Allen’s inclusion in the 2014 programme.
Under Sport Manager Sven Holmberg, the Academy co-ordinates the training programme, follows up with riders after training, and manages veterinary and anti-doping lectures.
The bursary provides six months boarding and training with two horses at a proven professional stable – Ludger Beerbaum, Rolf Göran Bengtsson, Dietmar Gugler, Ben Wim and Gerco Schröder and Kevin Staut are amongst the host stables.
By making agreements with selected events, the riders will be invited together with their tutors to major CSIs throughout their educational period.
Ireland’s Young Rider High Performance Manager, Commandant John Ledingham said today: “It is brilliant news that Jonathan Gordon has been selected for the FEI Young Rider Bursary.
“It is a true reflection on the quality of Young Riders from Ireland that the FEI selected Bertram Allen last year and Jonathan Gordon in 2015. Being one of the top five young riders selected from 29 nations is indeed an achievement. Jonathan is hopeful to spend his bursary training with Ludger Beerbaum in Germany.
Twenty-one year old Gordon is from Co Mayo, and some of his achievements are as follows:
• Sixth in European championship Arezzo (Individual young rider) 2014
• Winner Landesmeister Baden Württember (Young Rider) 2013 & 2014
• Winner Indoor champion & Fancy dress (Stuttgart German Masters 5*) 2014
• Winner of Mini Grand Prix & Rolex ranking class (San Giovanni) 2015
• Winner of Rolex ranking class (Baden Classics) 2015
• National young rider champion of Ireland (aged 16)
• Riding and Training with Manfred Marschall (3 years now) winner of 1m50 Rolex ranking jump off, Munich Masters
Further details about the bursary can be obtained at www.ridersacademy.eu