New HSI Coaching Course Dates Announced
- 13 June 2014, 15:24
The Horse Sport Ireland (HSI) Coaching Programme is designed to provide candidates with a pathway to a career as a successful competition coach. HSI Coaching courses are delivered by professional equestrian tutors and use modern techniques to improve both horses’ and riders’ performance. Coaching courses are currently delivered across four levels and are accredited by Coaching Ireland; the Irish governing body for coaching in all sports.
Horse Sport Ireland (HSI) is pleased to announce new dates for the HSI Coaching Programme for the remainder of 2014.
HSI Introduction to Coaching
The HSI Introduction to Coaching course is the initial step on the coaching ladder. It provides parents, coaches and young horse producers with the basic skills and techniques to coach at training level. The course provides you with the basic principles of coaching, better understanding of modern competition requirements, and a detailed understanding of the HSI Coaching Programme and of the work involved to become a qualified equestrian coach.
- 14th July 2014 – Broadmeadow Equestrian Centre, Ashbourne, Co. Meath
- 26th August 2014 – MacKenzies Equestrian Centre, Randlestown, Co. Antrim
- 11th November 2014 – Uppermace Equestrian Centre, Claremorris, Co. Mayo
HSI Level 1 Apprentice Coach
The aim of the HSI Apprentice Coach qualification is to provide participants with the skills and techniques to work competently as an apprentice coach at novice level. Whether you have been coaching for years or are a novice, this course will provide new approaches and fresh ideas for you to bring to your coaching. Your clients will benefit enormously. The HSI Level 1 Apprentice Coach course is the foundation for further coaching qualifications it is a requirement to progress further up the HSI Coaching ladder.
This course runs over 4 days and is split into two parts, each lasting two days. On the first two days all of the exercises are explained and demonstrated. The second part of the course usually runs at the same venue, is normally held 3 – 4 months later. This period allows coaches to with the exercises at home and be comfortable with the modules before coming back to the second part of the course. During part two the coaches are given an opportunity to practice coaching under the guidance of the tutor team. This is an invaluable experience for any coaches as strengths in the candidates coaching are identified and they are given a pathway to improve and up skill.
- Days 1& 2 – 30th September & 1st October 2014 – Danescroft Equestrian Centre, Lisburn, Co. Antrim
- Days 3 & 4 – 2nd & 3rd December 2014 – Danescroft Equestrian Centre, Lisburn, Co. Antrim
- Days 1 & 2 – 24th & 25th November 2014- Broadmeadow Equestrian Centre, Ashbourne, Co. Meath
- Days 3& 4 – 23rd & 24th February 2015 – Broadmeadow Equestrian Centre, Ashbourne, Co. Meath
HSI Cross Country / Eventing Course
This course is aimed to provide coaches with all of the basic skills and techniques to coach cross country at novice level.
This course is:
- A requirement for all Level 1 Apprentice coaches who wish to avail of the HSI Coach Insurance policy
- A requirement for all coaches who wish to commence the HSI Level 2 Coach course
- Available to all those who wish to acquire CPD credits and / or refresh their coaching skills
Entry Requirements: Candidates should be over 16 years of age and have a general knowledge of horses and horsemanship. Previous equestrian experience does help develop your eye as a coach.
Duration:This course is a one day course and is very practical in its presentation. The theory sessions are completed in groups and most of the time is spent in the arena watching and participating in practical coaching sessions.
- 24th June 2014 – Grange Farm, Drumlargan, Kilcock, Co. Kildare
- 19th August 2014 – Grange Farm, Drumlargan, Kilcock, Co. Kildare
For further infomation on any of these courses or to request an application form, please contact Catherine Farrell on +353 45 854512 or email email@example.com
Further dates for all courses may be added. Course dates and venues are subject to change at the discretion of HSI.