Register your Foal by 31st December 2013
- 20 December 2013, 13:07
- By law each foal must be registered within six months of its birth or before 31st December that year, whatever occurs later.
- Equines that are not registered before the 31st December of their year of birth or within six months following the date of birth, whatever occurs later, must be stamped as “not intended for slaughter for human consumption” on their identification document in accordance with S.I. 357 of 2011.
- All applications must be fully complete in order to be processed before the deadline of 31st December.
- From 1st January 2014, Horse Sport Ireland is required by the Revenue Commissioners to apply VAT of 23% to all registration transactions.
- Full details of registration fees applicable from 1st January 2014 are listed below.
- Please note that the HSI offices will be closed on 24th, 25th, 26th & 27th December and on 1st January.
REGISTRATION FEES FROM 1ST JANUARY 2014
|DETAILS||IHB/NIHB Members||Non-IHB/NIHB Members|
|Foals with pedigree from 1st January to 31st October||€62/£52||€98/£84|
|Foals with pedigree after 31st October||€80/£68||€117/£98|
|1YO, including DNA typing & naming||€111/£92||€148/£123|
|2YO & older, including DNA typing & naming||€148/£123||€185/£155|
|Add pedigree to existing passport where the animal has not already been DNA typed||€105/£87||€141/£118|
|Change of registered owner||€18/£16||€18/£16|
|Naming an animal||€25/£21||€62/£52|
|Animal name change||€43/£37||€80/£68|