Reminder – Rules Revision Process 2022
- 9 February 2022, 09:55
Based on the Rules Revision Process Policy (available here) please note that by 1 March 2022 National Federations and Stakeholders with whom the FEI has signed an MOU have the opportunity to propose Rules changes as per the FEI Periodical Rules Revision Policy (available here).
As per the Periodical Rules Revision Policy only the Dressage, Para Dressage, Eventing and Veterinary Regulations will be fully reviewed in 2022.
The other set of FEI Sport Rules, as mentioned in the Policy, can only be modified in the following cases:
- Urgent repairs, i.e., changes in the Rules that cannot await because of their impact on the welfare of the Horses or the safety of the Athletes.
- Correction of inconsistencies, manifest errors, contradictions, etc.
- New/recently introduced rule(s) that has(ve) proven to be problematic in its implementation.
- Implementation of new technology development(s) relevant to the specific set of Rules.
- IOC, IPC, WADA, ASOIF and similar organisations’ policies’ implementation; and
- Other scenarios not foreseen by this Policy as considered and approved by the Board.
Therefore, if you are proposing a change to a Sport Rules other than the Dressage, Para Dressage, Eventing or Veterinary Regulations please use the General Template provided to you and also indicate on which of the above criteria your proposed rule change is based. Please note these criteria do not apply to proposed changes to the FEI General Regulations, FEI Statutes, Internal Regulations of the FEI, Internal Regulations of the FEI Tribunal and Sport Rules for Series.
Your comments and proposals can be submitted to the FEI as explained in the Rules Revision Process hub available here.
If you would like to submit to Horse Sport Ireland please email Paul Hayes firstname.lastname@example.org by the 18th February 2022.