Something different to try this bank holiday weekend!
- 3 May 2020, 14:00
Ingredients: (Makes 1 x 2lb loaf or 12 scones)
- 1 tub of Natural Yogurt (500g)
- 360g Porridge Oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Optional: 1 cup of mixed nuts or seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts etc
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius & grease your loaf (or muffin) tins
- In a mixing bowl combine the yogurt, eggs, milk and bicarbonate of soda.
- Stir in the oats, salt and mixed seeds (if using), mix well and transfer to your greased loaf tin.
- Cut a line down the centre of your loaf, sprinkle with seeds and place in preheated oven for 50 mins. After this time, remove from oven, turn upside down and return to oven for a further 10 mins.
- Leave to cool on a wire tray.
Note – if making into scones, place into greased muffin tin and bake in preheated oven for 20 mins
Related news stories