Striking the Balance – HETI Congress Gets Underway
- 27 June 2018, 09:00
Horse sport Ireland are delighted to sponsor and promote the 16th International Congress of Equine Facilitated Programmes 2018, alongside their fellow welcome partners, Festina Lente and the Equine Facilitated Education and Therapy Association (Ireland).
A successful Opening Ceremony and Welcoming Introduction, delivered by William Micklem, took place yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon in Simmonscourt at the Royal Dublin Society (RDS).
This is the first time that Ireland have hosted the HETI (Federation of Horses in Education and Therapy International) congress and it is being held in the Royal Dublin Society (RDS), Dublin, from the 25th – 29th of June 2018.
The theme of the congress is ‘Striking the Balance’, with the aim to explore ways to strike a balance between:
- The challenge of providing high quality Equine facilitated Programmes (EFP’s) in an environment of competing resources: where demand is greater than supply.
- The challenges of producing rigorously robust studies versus evaluative or anecdotal studies.
- The challenge of funding EFP’s: public and private funding sources.
- Segregated or mainstream settings for equine facilitated programmes: which are best and for whom?
- The provision of EFP’s and horse welfare and management considerations.
The congress will also revolve around 6 main pillars:
Over the 5 days there is a full programme which includes workshops, demonstrations, seminars, open forums, panel sessions, and the Annual General Meeting (28th of June). There are also a number of key note speakers, including William Micklem, Patricia Pendry, Martine Hausberger, and Ed Bracher
For more information on the congress, please visit: http://heti2018.org/
Full programme at http://heti2018.org/congress-programme/