Tiggy’s Trust launch Mental Health Nurture Program
- 16 February 2023, 10:02
The inaugural Tiggy’s Trust ‘Nurturing the Wellbeing of Children and Young people’ course will take place on February 25th at the Kildare Education Support Centre.
This one day course has been developed for Tiggy’s Trust by Dr Susan Gibney who will be assisted on the day by Lucy Mannion and will explore how a nurturing approach can promote wellbeing and mental health.
This one-day course will explore how a nurturing approach can promote wellbeing and mental health. It will:
- Describe the links between relational health, attachment and resilience
- Explain how stress impacts brain, body and behaviour
- Recognise the importance of co-regulation in supporting wellbeing and resilience
- Identify and describe ‘bottom up’ strategies for responding to distress in children and young people
Identify and describe top-down strategies for supporting children and young people to manage strong emotions or stress.
Participants will also be enabled to increase their knowledge and develop skills relating to three different nurturing and trauma-informed approaches:
- Emotion Coaching
- Cognitive-Behavioural approach
- Solution-Focussed approach
On the day, the course will consist of:
9.30am – Tea / Coffee and Biscuits
10:00 – 12:00 – Morning session
12- 12.30 – Light lunch
12:30 – 3pm – Afternoon Session
HSI Coaching department are pleased to also confirm that all HSI coaches who are in attendance of Tiggys Trust’s ‘Nurturing the Wellbeing of Children and Young people’ course will be allocated 2 CPD points.
Related news stories