FEI Bureau decisions – February
- 14 February 2014, 09:29
THE FEI Bureau held its monthly teleconference yesterday, Thursday 13 February, and approved a revised agenda for the Extraordinary General Assembly which will take place on 29 April in Lausanne (SUI). The agenda includes two proposed changes to the FEI Statutes: the extension of the term in office of the FEI President and the creation of a new FEI body, the FEI Olympic Council. The main goal of the new Council will be to liaise on a more permanent basis between the FEI and the members of the Olympic Family with an equestrian background.
The FEI Bureau also decided to postpone the ordinary FEI General Assembly 2014 until after the Extraordinary Session of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) which will be held in Monaco on 8 and 9 December. Key decisions concerning the Olympic Programme are expected to be taken by the IOC Session. As a result, the FEI General Assembly, which was originally scheduled to take place from 3 to 6 November 2014, will now be organised from 11 to 14 December 2014. The venue for the General Assembly remains unchanged (Dubai, UAE).
Other important decisions taken by the Bureau include:
• the allocation of the FEI World Driving Championships for Singles 2014 to Izsak (HUN), 24-28 September;
• reopening the bid for the FEI European Endurance Championship for Young Riders and Juniors 2014;
• the change of dates for the FEI European Driving Championships for Young Riders.,Juniors & Children 2014, Wałbrzych (POL), from 24-27 July to 21-24 August;
• the allocation of the Oceania Eventing Championships 2014 to Melbourne (AUS), 6-9 June;
• the approval of the calendar and the rules of the FEI Nations Cup™ Eventing 2014;
• the creation of a permanent body between the FEI and World Breeding Federation for Sport Horses (WBFSH), such as an FEI & WBFSH council, to ensure cooperation between the two organisations;
• seeking a Memorandum of Understanding between the FEI and the Fédération Internationale du Sport Universitaire (FISU)