Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
The CPD Programme is a vital element of the HSI Coaching Programme. It ensures HSI Accredited coaches meet their professional obligation to deliver top quality coaching to their riders. Participation in this programme helps coaches develop their technical skills, delivery styles and increases their knowledge base. The CPD Programme also gives riders confidence in the level of training they are receiving, knowing that the coach is part of an assured professional development programme.
This year’s HSI Coaching Webinar Spring Series featured several top-class international professionals, discussing a range of fascinating subjects. Topics covered included biomechanics, hydrotherapy, nutrition, farriery, rider fitness, veterinary much more and are now available to watch online.
HSI Accredited Coaches will gain 1 CPD per webinar.
Although the webinars are aimed towards HSI coaches, they are open to anyone with an interest in the topics – several of the webinars may be of interest to riders, owners and breeders.
Recordings of each webinar are available to watch at a reduced cost of €20 and will be made available for a set 48-hour period.
Online CPD Opportunities
Connected Equestrian Coaches Conference
- ‘What does it meant to be a high performing Coach?’
- Online on October 12th at 6pm.
- Speakers include Corinne Bracken, John Ledingam, Fred Bergendorff and Hannah Bisson and Jonathan Pendlebury (England Rugby U18 Men’s Coach)
- This is a unique opportunity to explore the behaviours, skills and attitudes of high performing coaches.
- 1 CPD point for all HSI Accredited Coaches
- For more information and to book: https://www.connectedequestriancoaches.com
- Sport Ireland Athlete Anti-Doping E-Learning programme.
- 1 CPD point for HSI coaches.
- Available at: https://www.sportireland.ie/anti-doping/education-zone/education-zone
- Current, valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid Safeguarding 1 Certificate
- Garda Clearance / Access NI Vetting (completed through HSI)
The Accreditation year runs from 1st December to 30th November.
If you require any further information please contact Jennifer Diamond, phone +353 (0)45 854 533 or email: email@example.com
HSI reserves the right to modify, alter or add to accreditation requirements in accordance with updates to HSI Coaching Programmes.