Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
The CPD Programme is a vital element of the HSI Coaching Programme. It ensures HSI Accredited coaches meet their professional obligation to deliver top quality coaching to their riders. Participation in this programme helps coaches develop their technical skills, delivery styles and increases their knowledge base. The CPD Programme also gives riders confidence in the level of training they are receiving, knowing that the coach is part of an assured professional development programme.
- Current, valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid Safeguarding 1 Certificate
- Garda Clearance / Access NI Vetting (completed through HSI)
- A minimum of 5 CPD points per annum for inclusion on the HSI Active Accredited Coaches List
The Accreditation year runs from 1st December to 30th November.
Horse Sport Ireland Coaching Webinars offer coaches a unique opportunity to further their learning and engage with industry experts from the world from the comfort of their own home.
HSI Accredited Coaches will gain 1 CPD per webinar.
Although the webinars are aimed towards HSI coaches, they are open to anyone with an interest in the topics – several of the webinars may be of interest to riders, owners and breeders.
Horse Sport Ireland Coaching run a variety of in-person events around Ireland. These events provide coaches with an opportunity to learn from and observe leading industry experts in both a theory and practical setting.
CPD points awarded for events vary depending on the duration of the event.
Online CPD Opportunities
- Sport Ireland Athlete Anti-Doping E-Learning programme.
- 1 CPD point for HSI coaches.
- Available at: https://www.sportireland.ie/anti-doping/education-zone/education-zone
If you require any further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HSI reserves the right to modify, alter or add to accreditation requirements in accordance with updates to HSI Coaching Programmes.