Equine Premises Registration
New legislation regarding Equine Premises Registration
- A person may not have an equine in his/her possession or under his/her control unless the details of his/her premises are registered.
- All Registered premises must have a nominated keeper
- Upon Registration an Equine premises number – called a herdnumber – will be issued to the applicant.
- Holdings that are already registered to keep cattle and/or sheep/goats will have their registration amended to include horses.
Download the relevant forms below:
- Registration of Equine Premises FAQ (doc 17Kb)
- Application for registration of an Equine Premises under the Control on Places where Horses are Kept Regulations 2014 (S.I. No 113 of 2014) (doc 134Kb)
New animal health arrangements come into effect on 18th May 2014
Click on the link below to download new information on the movement of horses to and from France.