Request duplicate passport
If your passport has been lost, stolen or destroyed you may apply to Horse Sport Ireland for a duplicate passport. Where an animal is issued a duplicate passport they will be permanently excluded from the food chain and the duplicate passport stamped to reflect this.
- Complete the ‘Duplicate Passport form
- Call your vet. The vet must scan your horse to verify the microchip number of your horse and take a new set of markings.
- If your animal was registered prior to the requirement of compulsory microchipping in 2009, a microchip issued by a PIO must be inserted.
- Return the form to HSI with the appropriate fee (shown on the form)
- It is compulsary that all duplicate applications are accompanied by a current set of markings on a IHR marking sheet
If you have any questions about the registration process please contact the HSI Registration Unit
HSI Registrations Unit office hours:
- Open to the public from 9am to 5pm (Monday to Friday)
- The phone line is open from 9am to 4.30pm (Monday to Friday), with the exception of Wednesday when we open at 09.30 to facilitate staff training. Please note the phone lines will be closed from 1pm to 2pm for lunch – 045 850800
- For urgent registrations applications must be lodged by 11am with the HSI Registration Unit.