Non-pedigree passports / ID documents
If you would like to register an animal with no pedigree recorded, all you have to do is contact your vet. They will have blank markings charts available for you to mark your animal. All you have to do is send this filled in chart to us in order to register your horse and receive a passport.
If you are registering a donkey, the process is the same as above, except you must make sure that your vet notes that the animal is ‘Asinine’ rather than ‘Equine’ on the marking chart.
The fees for equines and Donkeys differ, the list of fees can be found here.
Important points to note:
- All passports with no recorded pedigree are the same price regardless of the age of the animal.
- All animals with no pedigree recorded must be named. Please include a name on your application to avoid delays.
- An animal will be excluded from the food chain if the passport is not issued within 365 days of birth.
If you have any questions about the registration process please contact the HSI Registration Unit
HSI Registrations Unit office hours:
- Open to the public from 9am to 5pm (Monday to Friday)
- The phone line is open from 9am to 4.30pm (Monday to Friday), with the exception of Wednesday when we open at 09.30 to facilitate staff training. Please note the phone lines will be closed from 1pm to 2pm for lunch – 045 850800
- For urgent registrations applications must be lodged by 11am with the HSI Registration Unit.