Register a donkey
If you wish to obtain a passport for your donkey please do the following:
- CALL YOUR VET
Your vet will complete the marking chart for your donkey, microchip the animal and attach the microchip bar code to the marking chart. Please note your vet should have marking charts available.
- SEND YOUR MARKING CHART TO HSI WITH FEE
Return the completed marking chart and the fee of €25 (or £23 if NI/UK) to the following address: Registrations Unit, Horse Sport Ireland, Beech House, Millennium Part, Osberstown, Naas, Co. Kildare, Republic of Ireland.
- YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR PASSPORT
If you have any questions about the registration process please contact the HSI Registration Unit
HSI Registrations Unit office hours:
- Open to the public from 9am to 5pm (Monday to Friday)
- The phone line is open from 9am to 4.30pm (Monday to Friday), with the exception of Wednesday when we open at 09.30 to facilitate staff training. Please note the phone lines will be closed from 1pm to 2pm for lunch – 045 850800
- For urgent registrations applications must be lodged by 11am with the HSI Registration Unit.