In 2001, Liam Connellan former President of the RDS produced a report setting out the principles on which a new body would be created. This followed widespread consultation. The fundamental rationale behind the proposal was the bringing together of Equestrian sport and breeding into one body.
Read more about our background »
What We Do
Horse Sport Ireland has the following responsibilities within the equestrian sector in Ireland.
- Interface with Government Breeding Policy
- Maintain ISH Studbook
- Maintain ID Studbook
- Issue Passports
- Education Programmes
- Online Database – CapallOir
- NGB as recognised by FEI, ISC, OCI, Dept of Agriculture, Sport NI
- High Performance Programmes
- Select all International Teams
- Approve all International Entries
- Sponsorship Programme
- Publicise the Rural Development Programme (RDP)