Horse Sport Ireland maintains the Irish Horse Register. This includes all animals registered in the Irish Sport Horse Studbook, the Irish Draught Studbook and the Irish Cob Studbook. If you need to download a HSI registration/passport form please visit our Passport & Registration forms page.
As the passport issuing authority for the Irish Horse Register the following services are provided to owners:
- Animal Naming/Change of Name
- Transfer horse ownership
- Foal registration
- Adult registration (with pedigree)
- ID documents / non-pedigree passports
- Donkey registration
- Duplicate donkey passport
- Duplicate passports
- Applications for prefixes
If you need to download any of the above HSI registration/passport form please visit our Passport & Registration forms page.
As of 1st January 2014 all passport fees are subject to 23% VAT. Please see our current Passport Fees page with details of our fees for shareholders and non-shareholders and also Euro € / Sterling £ fees.
Become a Shareholder
In addition to these passport services, owners have the option to become shareholders in the Irish Horse Board for a fee of only €10 (annual renewal fees apply). Shareholders can avail of discounted rates for passport services. Find out how to become a shareholder or if you are already a shareholder find out how to renew your membership – please visit the Irish Horse Board webpage by clicking HERE.
If you are an athlete and require FEI passport information please visit our FEI Passports page for forms and online renewal options.
HSI Registrations Unit office hours:
- Open to the public from 9am to 5pm (Monday to Friday)
- Telephone calls from 9am to 5pm (Monday to Friday) – 045 850800
- For urgent registrations applications must be lodged by 11am with the HSI Registration Unit.