Horse Sport Ireland maintains the Irish Horse Register. This includes all animals registered in the Irish Sport Horse Studbook, the Irish Draught Studbook and the Irish Cob Studbook. If you need to download a HSI registration/passport form please visit our Passport & Registration forms page.
As the passport issuing authority for the Irish Horse Register the following services are provided to owners:
- Animal Naming/Change of Name
- Transfer horse ownership
- Foal registration
- Adult registration (with pedigree)
- ID documents / non-pedigree passports
- Donkey registration
- Duplicate donkey passport
- Duplicate passports
- Applications for prefixes
If you need to download any of the above HSI registration/passport form please visit our Passport & Registration forms page.
As of 1st January 2014 all passport fees are subject to 23% VAT. Please see our current Passport Fees page with details of our fees for shareholders and non-shareholders and also Euro € / Sterling £ fees.
If you are an athlete and require FEI passport information please visit our FEI Passports page for forms and online renewal options.
HSI Registrations Unit office hours:
- Open to the public from 9am to 5pm (Monday to Friday)
- The phone line is open from 9am to 4.30pm (Monday to Friday), with the exception of Wednesday when we open at 09.30 to facilitate staff training. Please note the phone lines will be closed from 1pm to 2pm for lunch – 045 850800
- For urgent registrations applications must be lodged by 11am with the HSI Registration Unit.