High-Performance Jumping Director
Horse Sport Ireland (HSI) is the Governing Body for Equestrian Sport in Ireland. The organisation is recognised by the FEI, Olympic Federation of Ireland, Sport Ireland and Sport NI. Based in Naas, HSI manages a variety of duties across the sport horse industry which includes high-performance programmes and performance targets for the Olympic discipline of Jumping. HSI now wishes to recruit the following position:
High-Performance Jumping Director
This position will focus on the immediate planning and delivery of supports for the Tokyo Olympic Games 2020. The High-Performance Jumping Director will:
- Design, plan and implement of all elements of Horse Sport Ireland’s senior jumping performance program to ensure sustainable excellence by IRL athletes.
- Act as the architect and custodian of the high-performance plan to deliver success at the Games.
- Deliver consistent podium finishes at the FEI Nations Cup League 2020.
- Take responsibility for planning, monitoring and performance at international level campaigns and Olympic competition.
- Act as the sole selector for all Teams events and the Tokyo Olympic Games 2020.
- Conduct ongoing reviews and monitoring of high-performance results against set objectives.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to Athletes to ensure optimal performances.
- Monitor the form and soundness of competition horses and the form of athletes in order to identify and communicate areas for improvement, as appropriate.
- Monitoring includes attendance at international shows as required by HSI, to view combinations.
- The role requires an experienced leader with deep understanding of the sport, modern high-performance system, current developments and international best practice.
- The position requires strong leadership, people management, communication and stakeholder management skills to ensure sustainable excellence from Irish jumping athletes.
- The position requires a thorough knowledge of competition at international level, an exemplary track record of achievement at the high-performance level along with the passion, energy and drive to succeed. The ability to manage at a high achievers level, set goals and standards, monitor, and act on performance and take necessary remedial action will be required.
- The key competencies required for this role include but are not limited to major event experience, proven leadership experience, goal/KPI setting, demonstrated planning and execution skills, logistical and operational experience.
- The position will hold a significant responsibility in terms of the contribution of owners, support staff, industry participants, media and the supporting public and will act at all times with integrity and honesty as an Irish representative.
The High-Performance Jumping Director will report directly to the CEO. The successful candidate will operate under a Contract for Services Agreement until the 1st November 2020.
Candidates wishing to apply for this post should e-mail a Curriculum Vitae and Covering Letter to:
Mr Brian MacNeice, Kotinos Partners, Merrion Buildings, 18-20 Merrion Street, Dublin 2
Covering letter should state why you think that you are suited to this particular role and highlight relevant experience, skills and qualifications.
Application deadline: Close of Business 6th December 2019
Download information here: High Performance Jumping Director Advert Nov 2019 – Online
Coaching and Education Department Coordinator (Maternity Cover)
Horse Sport Ireland (HSI) is the governing body for equestrian sport in Ireland. We are currently seeking a coordinator for the Coaching and Education department to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate will be required to oversee all department activities, plan and manage a calendar of educational events and develop educational syllabi to support new and existing programmes. Therefore, a thorough knowledge and understanding of the sport horse industry is essential.
- Develop comprehensive education syllabi and supporting course materials for new and existing programmes
- Coordinate a calendar of educational events for both the Coaching and Equine Education programmes
- Relationship management with key stakeholders ensuring their inclusion, participation and engagement
- Responsibility for overseeing all day to day department activities
- Responsibility for management of the allocated budget in consultation with relevant parties
- Management of several diverse projects simultaneously
- Responsibility for marketing and promotion of programmes and events
The successful candidate will have:
- Appropriate academic qualification in Education/Training and/or relevant industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced professional environment
- Have previous event management experience, from development to budgeting and delivery
- Ability to work on own initiative and to meet strict deadlines while juggling a wide range of competing priorities
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of FEI equestrian sports and coaching practice
- Clean driving licence, own vehicle, and a willingness to travel and work flexible hours
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ability to produce reports and deal with all correspondence; knowledge of Sage CRM desirable
Please forward your CV with cover letter to Catherine Flanagan at email@example.com by close of business on Monday 16th December 2019.