Breeding Grant Applications Now Open for 2024
- 7 December 2023, 16:23
Horse Sport Ireland (HSI) is seeking applications for the 2024 Breeding Grant Initiative. This Initiative supports funding for breeding and production initiatives for young horse classes and production events.
Applications will be considered based on the following criteria:
- Compatibility with the HSI Strategic Plan and the recommendations outlined in Reaching New Heights
- Support for horses bred and produced in Ireland
- Number of entries, level/history of event and show facilities
- Breeder prizes and breeder recognition
- Geographical, native breed and discipline spread
- Overall contribution to the development of the industry
- Suitability of date
- Matching funds
- Adherence to previous Breeding Grant Terms and Conditions*
Applications will be accepted via the online form ONLY.
Please find the full application online, HERE. (APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED FOR 2024)
Please find detail of scoring criteria, and Applicant Terms and Conditions HERE.
Applications must be submitted by 2pm Wednesday 10th January 2024. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Allocation of funding is subject to the approval of the Breeding Grant Initiative from the Department of Agriculture, Food, and the Marine. This fund cannot support Grand Prix Show Jumping events and sport (non-breed/production) focused classes.
*Where an applicant has not previously received funding under the Breeding Grant Initiative, adherence will be scored the full allocation based on the assumption that the applicant intends to comply fully with the Breeding Grant funding terms and conditions.
Related news stories