Horse Sport Ireland Mare Championship for Showjumping and Eventing Mares
- 12 June 2015, 09:00
HSI is delighted to announce the details of the new HSI Showjumping Championship and Eventing Championship for 5 and 6 year old mares. The two separate Mare Championships have a prize fund of €15,000 each including generous breeder prizes and will aim to identify, evaluate and reward owners of mares that are capable of performing at the highest level in show jumping or eventing and are suitable for producing progeny that would be competitive in that discipline.
Commenting on the Championships, Alison Corbally, HSI Director of Breeding and Programmes, “The new Mare Championships provide owners with a great incentive to compete their mares and will give us the opportunity to identify the top potential performance mares in the country. We hope these Championships generate a lot of interest within the industry and add value to the participating mares.”
The Matron Scheme will apply for both Championships allowing for 6 year old mares with a foal registered on the IHR to compete in the 5 year old section.
The Showjumping Championship will be held this October/November and in order to qualify for the Championship mares must meet one of the following performance criteria:
- Qualify for the final at least two legs of the ISH Show jumping Series
- Qualify to jump in the 5 or 6 year old show jumping class at the RDS
- Be selected to compete at the FEI WBFSH World Breeding Jumping Championships for Young Horses, Lanaken, Belgium
- Qualify for the 5 year old or 6/7 year old finals at the Cavan Indoor Championships
- Qualify for the final at the Irish Breeders Classic
5yo & 6yo Eventing Mare Championship
The aim of this Championship is to identify, evaluate and reward owners of mares that are capable of performing at the highest level in International eventing and are suitable for producing progeny that would be competitive at the highest level in International eventing.
Qualification Criteria to the HSI Mare Championship
- Mares must be registered in EU approved studbook.
- Mares must meet the following performance criteria:
To qualify for the championship the mare must have completed 2 double jumping XC clear rounds at EI 100
The championship will comprise the following elements:
- Dressage: BE113
- SJ: 1.10m for 5 year old mares and 1.15m for 6 year old mares
- XC: EI100
- Under the Matron Scheme 5 year old mares that have already a foal registered in a DAFF approved studbook may compete as a 4 year old or a 6 year old mare that has already bred a foal registered in a DAFF approved studbook may compete as a 5 year in this championship.
The €15,000 prize is proposed to be divided as follows:
- €9,000 prize money for the final, divided in accordance with EI rule 28 (ie. if 26-30 entries 1st, €4,500, 2nd, €2,000, 3rd €1250, 4th €700, 5th 350 and 6th Prize money will only be awarded if the placed mares and their rider/owner present themselves for the official presentation.
- Breeders prizes: 1st €600, 2nd €400 and 3rd €200.
- €4,000 to be retained in a separate fund by HSI and €1,000 provided to the owner of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed mares in this championship at the time they register with the ISH studbook the first progeny of these mares bred to a 4* 5* stallion, an Approved TB stallion or an Approved/Recognised or Preliminary Approved Stallion with a breeding value greater than 140. A time limit of five years will be placed on this fund.
Mare Championship Date/Venue
The Championship will take place during August or September..
HSI are now seeking applications for venues/shows to host the Eventing Championships.
CLICK HERE for the Venue Application Form for the HSI Eventing Mare Championship 2015