Innovation fund – applications being sought
- 12 February 2015, 15:16
The Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine announced an additional allocation of funds for Horse Sport Ireland for promotion and marketing activities. A portion of this funding will be for prize money for new innovative classes/competitions at new or existing shows/events. It is anticipated that the classes/competitions will be limited to horses/ponies registered in an approved studbook. A portion of any prize money allocated will go to the breeder of the successful horse or pony. Applications are now being sought for classes/competitions for this fund.
Applications will be considered based on the following criteria:
- Compatibility with the recommendations of the new Industry Strategic Plan ‘Reaching New Heights’ – recommendations can be found by clicking HERE.
- The level of innovation in the proposal;
- The level to which the class/competition will encourage more spectators to attend the event;
- The level of other funding/sponsorship secured by the applicant for the project;
- The likelihood that the class/competition will be able to sustain itself in future without funding from HSI.
A maximum amount of €20,000 will be provided for any one project or class. Application forms are available under the publication section of the HSI website or by clicking HERE.
Applications should be returned by email to Mark Bolger (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 5pm on Thursday, 26th February 2015.