Irish showjumping team honoured at Excellence in Sport Awards
- 10 December 2015, 11:45
The Irish showjumping team won an Outstanding Team Achievement award at the Irish Youth Foundation ‘Excellence in Sport’ Awards, which were held in Dublin on Monday night (7th December). The annual awards recognise outstanding contributors to Irish sport. The Irish showjumping team were chosen as award recipients on the back of their victory in the Aga Khan Nations Cup at Dublin in August.
The Aga Khan team of Bertram Allen, Greg Broderick, Cian O’Connor and Darragh Kenny and Team Manager Robert Splaine, joined a galaxy of sporting stars on the night. The awards were hosted by three time Major Golf Champion, Padraig Harrington, while AP McCoy received the Outstanding Lifetime Achievement award.
Ten awards were presented on the evening, with funds raised going to the Irish Youth Foundation.
Full List of Award Winners:
- Outstanding Achievement – Michael Conlan (boxing)
- Outstanding Team Achievement – Irish Showjumping Team
- Golf Digest (logo) – Lifetime Achievement Award – Christy O’Connor Jnr
- Outstanding Team Achievement – Special Olympics Team Ireland
- Alternative Sport – Greg Callaghan (mountain biking)
- Reeling Back the Years Award – Irish Soccer Team Italia ’90
- Outstanding Team Achievement – Irish Rugby Team
- Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award – AP McCoy (horse racing)
- Outstanding Achievement – Shane Lowry (golf)
- Padraig Harrington – Outstanding Achievement for his win at the Honda Classic (golf)