Course – Introduction to Coaching
The HSI Introduction to Coaching course is the initial step on the coaching ladder. It provides parents, coaches and young horse producers with the basic skills and techniques to coach at training level. The course provides candidates with the basic principles of coaching, a better understanding of modern competition requirements, and a detailed understanding of the HSI Coaching Programme and of the work involved to become a qualified equestrian coach.
Entry Requirements: Candidates should be over 16 years of age and have a general knowledge of horses and horsemanship. Previous equestrian experience does help develop your eye as a coach.
This is a one day course and is very practical in its presentation. The theory sessions are completed in groups and most of the time is spent in the arena watching and participating in practical coaching sessions.
- 21st February 2017 – Maryville Stables, Carrigaline, Co. Cork
- 29th March 2017 – Castle Leslie EC, Glaslough, Co. Monaghan
- 12th June 2017 – Kilronan EC, Kettles Lane, Cloughran, Swords, Co. Dublin
- 25th July 2017 – Clare Equestrian, Gorteen, Ennis, Co. Clare
- 12th September 2017 – Claremorris, Galway Road, Claremorris, Co. Mayo
- 7th November 2017 – Grennan College, Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny
Course fee: €100
Book a course
You can book a coaching course by downloading the application form, completing it and returning to Horse Sport Ireland with the course fee. Download the Introduction to Coaching Application Form
Alternatively you can fill out your application form online and you will have the option to pay online (credit card or PayPal) or by cheque.
If you would like more information on the Introduction to Coaching course please contact Catherine Farrell in Horse Sport Ireland. Email email@example.com or phone 045 854512.
HSI reserves the right to modify, alter or add to accreditation requirements in accordance with updates to HSI Coaching Programmes.