Horse Sport Ireland pledge support to 20×20 Women In Sport campaign
- 2 August 2019, 13:55
Horse Sport Ireland is delighted to announce its official pledge to support the 20×20 Women in Sport Campaign presented by The Federation of Irish Sport, a national movement to champion girls and women in sport.
The 20X20 campaign is about creating a cultural shift in the public perception of girls and women in sport and seeks to change the subliminal bias in the Irish psyche that exists around girls and boys, or women and men, when it comes to sport. By supporting this campaign, Horse Sport Ireland aims to help increase the visibility of women’s sport in Ireland because if she can’t see it, she can’t be it.
Commenting on this announcement, Horse Sport Ireland CEO, Ronan Murphy said:
“Horse Sport Ireland are delighted to join with fellow sporting National Governing Bodies and local sports partnerships in pledging active participation and public support to the 20×20 initiative. Equestrian sport is one of the few sports where women and men compete equally at all levels, and supporting our female athletes and participants is critically important. Horse Sport Ireland is fully committed to this initiative and will continue to increase the profile of women involved in our sport so that subsequent generations will have female role models to emulate”.
The targets set by the Federation of Irish Sport for this campaign are:
- 20% more media coverage of women in sport by the end of 2020.
- 20% more female participation whether at player, coach, referee or administration level by the end of 2020.
- 20% more attendance at women’s games and events by the end of 2020.
As part of the official supporter pledge, Horse Sport Ireland are committing to:
- Actively supporting the campaign across all platforms including social media, competitions, events etc.
- Identifying and educating key stakeholders to use their status to promote and endorse the 20×20 campaign.
- Sharing official 20×20 videos during campaign spikes.
- Publishing women in sport-related content and 20×20 still imagery across all platforms including website, social media etc.
Be sure to follow Horse Sport Ireland’s Blog, STABLE TALK and social media channels for lots of equestrian-themed women in sport-related content.
Horse Sport Ireland Blog: www.horsesportireland.ie/blog