HSI Stallion Selection Applications open for 2022
- 20 January 2022, 17:08
Horse Sport Ireland will be holding Irish Sport Horse, Irish Sport Pony and Irish Draught Horse stallion selections on Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th March 2022. Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 4th February 2022.
This year Horse Sport Ireland will continue to offer two options for veterinary.
Option 1: Where applicants can undergo the same veterinary process as in previous years i.e. submitting a pre-selection veterinary form, WFFS, EVA, EIA, CEM certificates and X-Rays from a veterinary surgeon listed on the ‘HSI Radiography Panel’ and the stallion will undergo the clinical veterinary examination on the day of selection by HSI appointed veterinary surgeons.
Option 2: Where applicants can opt to have their stallion undergo the veterinary examination prior to the selection at a HSI Designated clinic (i.e. see stallion applications). This option allows applicants to have the stallion prepared for selection with the knowledge that the stallion has met the veterinary requirements in advance of the selection.
Reasons to bring your stallion out for inspection:
- The HSI Stallion inspections are recognised internationally by the World Breeding Federation of Sport Horses (WBFSH).
- A stallion that has met the requirements of this inspection is quality assured and recommended for breeding in Ireland.
- It shows the breeders of Ireland that this stallion has meet the veterinary requirements and is suitable for breeding.
- The inspections are run over two days and offer every opportunity for the stallion owner to show off their stallion to his full potential
- The Stallion inspections are held in the suitable / safe venue available which allows the stallion to gain invaluable experience in an arena and to showcase their ability.
- When a stallion meets the requirements of the Horse Sport Ireland inspection it is a quality assured recognition that the stallion has meet the x-rays requirements in veterinary and also shows potential ability to perform in the future.
- On passing inspections their linear profiles and findings of the stallion are published and Horse Sport Ireland continue to promote these stallions online and in the Stallion Book, which is published every second year.
- Preliminary approved stallions are eligible to compete in the ISH SJ Series and Breeding support competitions.
Please note applications and completed veterinary must be received before the closing date of Friday 4th February 2022. From 2023 the application will be online only. Horse Sport Ireland Studbook inspections are supported by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine Equine Technical Support fund.
For further information on the HSI stallion inspections please see the below link where you can also complete or download the 2022 application form. This event will adhere to the Covid-19 guidelines applying in March 2022.