Irish squad named for FEI Dressage European Championships
- 15 August 2023, 14:03
Horse Sport Ireland (HSI) has announced the Irish Dressage squad to represent Ireland at the 2023 European Championships taking place in Riesenbeck, Germany from September 4th-10th.
Anne Marie Dunphy’s squad travelling to the championships, in alphabetical order, is as follows:
- Sorrell Klatzko (Co. Kildare) with her own and Janine Shoffner’s Turbo (by Totilas).
- Abigail Lyle (Co. Down) with Fenella Quinn’s Farrell (by Fabergas) and with Giraldo (by Harmony’s Rousseau), owned by Lyle herself and Caroline Clarry.
- Anna Merveldt (Co. Kildare) with Mario Greco and Giovanna Mazza’s Esporim (by Pagaw).
- Judy Reynolds (Co. Kildare) with BG J. Hinnemann and Next Generation Dressurpferde’s Rockman Royal NG (by Rock Forever).
Abigail Lyle has Giraldo as her direct reserve. Judy Reynolds (Co. Kildare) has her own and Patrick Heavey’s For Fun 51 (by Furstenball OLD) as her direct reserve.
Two combinations have also been named as non-travelling reserves, in alphabetical order:
- Jennifer Harnett (based in Amsterdam) with Pilates Amsterdam’s Eximio (by Zircon).
- Fenella Quinn (based in Aberdeen) with her own, Compton Ross and Jacqui Ross’s Hawtins Delicato (by Diamond Hit).
Ahead of her first major senior championship at the helm, HSI High Performance Dressage Director Dunphy told HSI: “I am delighted to have had this number of well-qualified combinations to choose from, demonstrating the increasing strength of Irish dressage.
“The selection period was extremely competitive and I would like to congratulate all the athletes, owners and support teams on their campaigns which have prepared them for the challenge ahead in Riesenbeck.
“I would like to thank Horse Sport Ireland, Sport Ireland, Dressage Ireland and our sponsors for the ongoing support.
“In addition, thank you to the wider dressage community in Ireland who are always behind our athletes with messages and gestures of support as they take their place on the international stage.”
Related news stories