Permitted Sport Horse activity in the context of Covid-19 Level 5
- 31 December 2020, 13:12
To view a pdf of the above document click HERE
Horse Sport Ireland have proactively engaged with their Government partners in both the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine and Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport, and Media with regard to the resumption of sport horse activity.
In consultation with Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine, Horse Sport Ireland will have the sole authority to approve competition and training events which are applied for by a recognised affiliate body.
Competition Events – Level 5
In brief, the approval system will comprise of the following;
- Formal application by the affiliate for the relevant events which has been verified and endorsed by the affiliate in the first instance;
- Confirmation of relevant risk assessment completion and associated assessment in line with public health guidance;
- Confirmation of COVID Officer appointment and adherence of HSI COVID protocols revised edition November 2020, by affiliate body and the show organiser;
- Signed declaration by both affiliate & organiser that strict adherence to the COVID protocols;
- Acknowledgement that any departure from the COVID 19 Protocols will result in non-approval of the affiliate application for that venue in subsequent applications;
This approval system will apply for both affiliated competition and training events.
Level 5 events should focus on catering for professional sport horse athletes & producers, high performance (elite) athletes who participate within professional competition.
Athletes – Level 5
Level 5 events should only be attended by Professionals/Producers and High Performance athletes (elite) who are operating within the Sport Horse Industry.
- Professional/ Producer is an individual who derives a living from competing the sport;
- is a member of the senior training HP squad within Horse Sport Ireland
Amatuers/ non-professionals are not permitted to attend Level 5 events.
No amateur competitions or classes will be permitted during Level 5.
Youth activity – athletes who are (U18), i.e. athletes who have not achieved their 18th birthday are NOT permitted to compete during Level 5.
Athletes who have achieved their 18th birthday in 2021, and who are Professionals/Producers within the Sport Horse Industry may compete.
No youth competitions (U18) or classes will be permitted during Level 5.
Training Events – Level 5
Under Level 5 – only events that are authorised through a HSI affiliate and Horse Sport Ireland are deemed to be authorised events within the context of the Statutory Instrument. Training events must be affiliated and applied for through the HSI approval system as noted above. For example – affiliated Arena Training Series / Regional Training /
Young Horse Training/ General Training Events. Training events are defined as the following:
(a) to be held in preparation for a sporting event,
(b) that is supervised by a NGB coach/trainer;
(c) that is attended only by necessary persons;
Horse Sport Ireland the reserve right in respect of the authorisation of affiliated competition and training events.
Training – Level 5
- One to one coaching is permitted.
- Indoor training limited to individual basis only.