Another delicious recipe to try this weekend!
- 9 May 2020, 10:00
If you had a go making the nutritious porridge bread and scones last weekend then give these flapjacks a try! Don’t forget to add in a spoonful of Chivers jam for an extra treat!
Chivers – Sponsors of the Irish Senior Eventing Team
Ingredients: (Makes 16 squares)
- 250g Oats
- 130g butter
- 130g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Handful of dried fruit (I use sultanas)
- Preheat oven to 160 degree Celsius & line a baking tray with baking parchment
- In a large pan, melt the butter, sugar and syrup over a medium heat.
- Add the oats, cinnamon and dried fruit of choice, and stir to coat them with the melted mixture.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Slice into squares while still hot & leave to cool in tray.
Why not add a layer of Chivers Jam to the middle of your flapjacks for a sweet surprise?!
Nutrition per square: 160kcal, 20g carbs, 8g fats, 1.8g protein (excluding Chivers Jam)
Related news stories